A year after Capcom won hearts with its Resident Evil 2 remake, the studio announced Resident Evil 3 would be getting the same treatment, with the new remake to be released on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC through Steam come April 3, 2020. And now, the developer is gearing up to release a demo for it.
Capcom announced the demo over social media earlier today, though the company didn’t provide a release date simply saying that more details will be revealed “in the near future.” If the studio’s trailing cadence is taken into account, it may be made available a couple weeks before the full game hits storefronts, much like the free Resident Evil 2 “1-Shot” demo, which was released two weeks before its launch.
The folks over at the official PlayStation Blog may have already taken said demo for a spin. A post published to the blog yesterday offers up new details about the single-player campaign, gleaned from a “preview” version of the game. The takeaways range from an overview of the game’s design to specific additions.
- Capcom’s photo-realistic visuals bring Raccoon City to life with stunning detail. Blazing infernos cast zombie shadows down long alleyways. Faux movie posters adorn corridors. Dirt and abrasions show on Jill as she struggles to survive. The cumulative effect is striking.
- The RE3 remake dramatically reinvents the sprawling streets of Raccoon City — this is much grander than a one-to-one remaster. Expect larger areas and some reimagined sequences that dwarf those in the original game.
Of note among the new game mechanics that the post talks about is protagonist Jill Valentine’s ability to dodge attacks, which branches into “perfect dodge” mechanic that slows down time, allowing for an easy counter.
The game’s asymmetrical multiplayer mode Resistance has already been detailed earlier this month.
It was written in the STARS… ?
A Resident Evil 3 Demo is on the way. We’ll have more details in the near future! pic.twitter.com/wqN2AwI3pH
— Resident Evil (@RE_Games) February 25, 2020
Capcom is likely to reveal more details as launch day draws near, though nothing beats a first-hand experience. If you’re still on the edge about splurging on the full game, taking the upcoming demo for a spin is your best bet.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 13.4 / iPadOS 13.4 Beta 2 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released
- Jailbreak iPhone 11 Pro Max With Unc0ver 4.0.0 On iOS 13.3 Now
- Checkra1n For Windows Alternative: How To Use Ra1nUSB For iOS 13.3 Jailbreak
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Download: iOS 13.3.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update And iPadOS 13.3.1 Released For Compatible Devices
- Downgrade iOS 13.3.1 To iOS 13.3 For Checkra1n Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Download Checkra1n iOS 13.3.1 Jailbreak IPA, Here’s How [0.9.8 beta]
- iOS 13 / 13.2.2 Jailbreak Tweaks Compatibility List For Checkra1n
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak