Roku is already a big player in home video but now it’s trying to expand to audio too. It’s announced a pair of new speakers with the Smart Soundbar and Wireless Subwoofer now official.
The Smart Soundbar is fully integrated with the Roku system and is designed to control your entire streaming setup. The idea is that you plug the speaker into your HDMI ARC port and then you’ll be able to take advantage of Roku’s software and streaming services while also enjoying an improvement in sound at the same time. Both Dolby and Bluetooth audio are supported.
The Smart Soundbar is a 32-inch affair that has four 2.5-inch speakers built in. It’ll cost $179.99 when it launches in October, with pre-orders now available.
If you’d prefer a little more oomph, you can add the Roku Wireless Subwoofer to proceedings. It connects via Roku’s wireless protocols, which means it won’t work with any other systems, but that’s to be expected. It will again cost $179.99 when it goes on sale in October. And again, pre-orders are now up for anyone who wants to get in on the action.
While the Smart Soundbar is the only speaker that can work with the new Wireless Subwoofer, Roku says that more speakers will be coming at some point. Presumably, the idea is that you’ll be able to set up your very own wireless home theater setup at some point, similar to the way Sonos works.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 13.1 Beta 2 IPSW Link And OTA Update For iPhone, iPadOS 13.1 Beta 2 For iPad
- How To Jailbreak iOS 12.4 On iPhone X, XS Max, XR, iPad Pro And More Using Unc0ver
- Downgrade iOS 12.4.1 To 12.4 For Jailbreak While Apple Is Still Signing The Firmware
- How To Jailbreak iOS 12.4 Using Unc0ver 3.5.x [Tutorial]
- Download: iOS 12.4.1 IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad Released
- Best Galaxy Note 10 / 10+ Plus Case List: Here Are The Must-Haves For Protection
- Best Galaxy Note 10 / 10+ Plus Screen Protector? Here Are Our Picks [List]
- Jailbreak iOS 12.4.1 By Downgrading And Jailbreaking iOS 12.4, Here’s How
- Download iOS 13 Beta 1 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]