Samsung’s recently released Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ are certainly the best version of an industrial design that has been tweaked over the years, starting out with the arrival of the Galaxy S6.
While there have been no sweeping changes in a few years now, with Samsung preferring to perfect its art rather than starting afresh, things are expected to be much different when the Galaxy S10 rolls around next year. We don’t know anything for certain yet – it’s still a long way off being announced, but we are now starting to hear reports that may give us an inkling as to what to expect.
The latest report comes from The Bell, which claims that Samsung is getting ready to debut a number of new features alongside the Galaxy S10, with chief amongst them set to be an in-display fingerprint sensor. This has been rumored for a while now, and at one point, we thought the Galaxy S9 may offer it. However, that was not to be and now the Galaxy S10 is the smartphone penciled in for the feature’s big reveal, at least according to this report.
Moving onto the display, the report claims that the new phone will ship with the same Infinity Display that we have become familiar with, although we will apparently not be treated to a foldable phone, which is a shame, if not at all unexpected.
While the display might not be changing, the security mechanisms might. The report has Samsung adding new 3D face scanning technology similar to that which Apple employs with the iPhone X. Samsung’s existing 2D scanning technology is eclipsed by Apple’s Face ID, and the Galaxy S10 is said to be the phone where Samsung fights back.
We are, of course, so far away from the Galaxy S10 being announced that all of this is liable to change, so we’ll take it all with a pinch of salt. That being said, nothing here is what we would call outlandish, so who knows what will arrive when Samsung’s flagship receives its 2019 refresh.
(Source: The Bell [Google Translate])
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 11.4 Public Beta 4 Download Of IPSW, OTA Links Now Available
- PUBG Mobile 0.4.0 APK Download Update And iOS English Version Has Been Finally Released
- iOS 11.3 Jailbreak Exploit Incoming? Ian Beer Of Project Zero To Give Kernel Debugger Talk At MOSEC 2018
- PUBG Mobile 0.4.0 Patch Notes For English Global Android Final Version Posted Online
- iOS 11.4 Beta 2 Release Notes And Changes: What’s New In This Release?
- Fortnite 3.5.1 Jailbreak Detection Bypass Progress: Here’s What Is Known So Far
- Download iOS 11.3 IPSW Links, OTA Update Of Final Version Right Here
- Jailbreak iOS 11.3 / 11.2.6 / 11.2.2 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]