Apple’s adding of widget support to iOS 14 has seen a real resurgence in the world of customizing the Home screen. So much so that people are starting to share their work on, of all things, TikTok.
We’ve already seen some great examples of Home screens and, as CNBC points out, it seems that David Smith’s excellent Widgetsmith is the app that’s making a lot of it possible.
So much so that it’s been downloaded more than two million times since it was released on September 16.
With its collection of different widget types and sizes, as well as heavy customization options, Widgetsmith has allowed some people to create Home screens based on anything from Star Wars to penguins. And, yes. They’re sharing it all on TikTok.
We’ve even seen some people making money out of the new boom in Home screen customization, too. As The Verge shares, iOS 14 icon packs are popping up everywhere.
Let’s pretend this didn’t take 2 hours 😌 #fyp #ios14 #marvel #MyArt
♬ original sound – favsoundds
Some layouts are appealing enough to pay for. Katarina Mogus, owner and creative director of En Flique Creative, a social media marketing agency, runs an Etsy shop that has started selling iOS 14 packs for $4.99. They’re designed with “aesthetic AF” in mind, something Mogus believes is key to understanding why iOS 14 designs have taken off in the last week. Mogus told The Verge that after her TikTok video demonstrating how to use Widgetsmith to make cool home screens was seen more than 25 million times, she decided to sell some of her designs on Etsy for people (like me) who might not be as artistically inclined.
Spotify users.. I GOT YOU 🤍 ⋒ ⋒ ⋒ ⋒ ⋒ #iphone11promax #ios14 @spotify #spotify #iphonetricks #iosupdate #ios14homescreen #instagramhacks #Instagramstorytips #instagramhack #tiktok #instagramstory #socialmediamarketing #enfliquecreative #trendingtiktok #reels #instagramreels #influencermanagement #instagramstoryinspo #smma #instagramstoryhacks #contentcreator #igstoryinspo #herbusiness #marketingtips #branding #springflowers #instastoryhack #tiktok 1d
This is something that has been offered for Android devices for years and it’s great to see the customization craze come to iPhones. We might even have to venture over to TikTok to check some of these themes out for ourselves!
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 14.2 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File And iPadOS 14.2 Beta 1 Released
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Download iOS 14 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14
- Jailbreak iOS 14 Using Checkra1n 0.11.0, Here’s How-To [Tutorial]
- iOS / iPadOS 14 Final Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Download iOS 14 Beta 1 IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Fix iOS 14 Update Requested Stuck Issue On iPhone And iPad, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 14 Estimating Time Remaining Stuck Issue, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 14 OTA Stuck On Preparing Update Issue, Here’s How
- Downgrade iOS 14 To iOS 13.7, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak