Roku has announced that it will be adding AirPlay 2 and HomeKit support to select 4K TVs and devices later this year.
The update will be a free one, meaning existing device and TV owners will get the added features without having to buy a thing.
While Roku doesn’t make any TVs of its own, it does allow other manufacturers to put its software onto their hardware. The results can make for some great TVs, and the arrival of new HomeKit and AirPlay support will just improve matters.
Apple AirPlay 2 and HomeKit – Later this year, we expect Roku customers will enjoy Apple AirPlay 2 and HomeKit capabilities on select 4K Roku devices. With AirPlay 2, Roku customers can stream, control, and share their favorite content directly from their iPhone, iPad, or Mac to their supported Roku device and bring the experience to the big screen. HomeKit allows customers to easily and securely control their Roku device using the Home app and Siri on iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple Watch, or HomePod.
These devices and TVs will be added to a growing pool that includes some of the biggest manufacturers on the planet.
Apple has been successful in getting plenty of companies to buy into the AirPlay 2 and HomeKit situation, although it does often mean that people will need to buy a new set to get in on the fun. Thankfully, that doesn’t seem to be the case here.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 14.2 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File And iPadOS 14.2 Beta 1 Released
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- iOS / iPadOS 14 Final Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Jailbreak iOS 14.0.1 Using Checkra1n 0.11.0, Here’s How-To [Guide]
- Download iOS 14.0.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.0.1
- Fix iOS 14 Update Requested Stuck Issue On iPhone And iPad, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 14 Estimating Time Remaining Stuck Issue, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 14 OTA Stuck On Preparing Update Issue, Here’s How
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.0.1 [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak