Apple’s iPhone 12 mini and iPhone 12 Pro Max might have only been on the market for a couple days, but we’ve been using iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro models for a couple weeks. That means we’re starting to get a feel for whether there are any issues of note and, it seems, a ton of people are having issues relating to SMS messages.
The main complaints seem to be missing notifications and just completely absent messages when someone is part of a group chat.
However, it isn’t yet clear whether this is actually an iPhone 12 problem, or an iOS 14.1 and later issue.
MacRumors has a few quotes from people who have posted to its forum.
But I just upgraded to an iPhone 12 (coming from an iPhone 11 Max Pro), and I am in a group message with my kids. One of my kids is an Android user. Last night he came up to me and asked me why I didn’t reply to his two text messages he sent to the group. I checked my iPhone, and I didn’t receive any text messages from him in the group chat. He then showed me his phone, and sure enough, he had sent them to the group.
Oddly, some people have reported that they’re receiving the messages but not being notified about it. This particular problem has definitely been happening to non-iPhone 12 models, too.
I am having the issue with just a single person and it’s not SMS. Mine is iMessage. I was texting with my mom last night, and she updated to 14.2 on her XR in the process. Soon after, she stopped replying to my text. I sent her another one, and she said she never saw the text. Then I stopped receiving any alerts at all. I had to open the message app and check to see if a message was there. Sure enough the phone never alerted, and there was no badge, but there was a message. iOS 14 is a total mess.
The good news is that all of this sounds like something Apple can fix with a software update. Now we just need to see whether it gets around to it. Apple just made iOS 14.3 beta 1 available to developers and we’ve yet to confirm whether the issues persists with that beta installed.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 14.2 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.2
- Download: iOS 14.3 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File And iPadOS 14.3 Beta 1 Released
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- iPhone 12 / Pro Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 12, 12 Pro Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- Best iPhone 12 Mini Screen Protector: Here’s A List Worth Checking
- Best iPhone 12 Pro Max Screen Protector: Here Is A List Worth Checking
- Jailbreak iOS 14.2 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Guide]
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.2 The Right Way [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak