Tesla Releases Redesigned Mobile App With New UI, Home Screen Widgets, More
Tesla has updated its iPhone app to add a slew of new features, including a new design. But the biggest improvement for many people is the arrival of new Home screen widgets.
Those new widgets put information like charge status and whether Sentry Mode is enabled, right on iPhone and iPad Home screens for the first time.
Tesla previously offered a Today screen widget, but this new solution uses the widgets provided by iOS 14.
Alongside the widgets, Tesla has also added a direct link to its store and more. The full rundown of changes according to the app’s release notes in the App Store include:
- Refreshed vehicle and energy homepage
- Streamlined Summon experience
- Enhanced phone key support – vehicle no longer needs to be selected
- Send commands to vehicle immediately upon opening app
- Use Go Off-Grid to seamlessly disconnect your home from the Grid with Powerwall
- Shop the Tesla catalog and view and manage your orders (available in select countries)
- View Supercharging history and ability to pay outstanding Supercharging or service balance (available in select countries)
Those with Tesla cars and batteries can now download the updated app from the App Store. It’s version 4.0.0, but there’s no word yet on when the same update will come to Android.
You may also like to check out: