In just a number of weeks, Apple is going to make it ridiculously easy for Android users to change to iOS with an upcoming app along with iOS 9 called “Transfer to iOS.” It will offer Android users the ability to wirelessly move contacts, message history, images and videos, web browser saves, mail, calendars, and more. Till then, we have to do these things by hand.
Fortunately, it isn’t really hard to switch from Android to iOS. It just takes a couple of additional steps to obtain all the information you want from one device to the other. We’ve got a guide for helping you transition from Android to iOS as simply as possible.
Prior to following any of the guidelines below, make sure to back up your Android device to guarantee that you do not lose any vital information in the event that something goes incorrect throughout the migration procedure.
Transferring Contacts, Mail, and Calendars
Luckily, Google makes it unbelievably simple for you to sync your email, calendar, and contact info across practically any device. So, if you’ve been on Android for enough time, opportunities are most of your data is easily available to sync on iOS.
- Open the Settings app and tap Mail, Contacts, Calendar from the list of available choices.
- Tap “Include Account.” Then choose Google from the list of available options.
- Go into the needed details, including your email address, password, and description.
- When prompted, toggle the Contacts and Calendars switch to the on position.
You can also include contacts and calendar details from Facebook and twitter, which will sync with your native apps.
- Download Twitter and facebook from the App Store.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone and tap Twitter or facebook from the list of offered options.
- Sign into the account to allow iOS to have access to those social media includes throughout your device.
- With Facebook, allow the app to use your Calendars and Contacts app and your events and Facebook friends will be synced with those apps.
- With Twitter, tap “Update Contacts” to sync user names and pictures to your present contact cards.
Transferring Images and Videos
When you make the switch to iOS, you will require an iTunes account to acquire and download content, along with sync your device (even if you just sync over Wi-Fi). You need to download iTunes on your PC or Mac to begin with so you can quickly use it with your iPhone. As soon as downloaded, you can make use of iTunes to transfer photos and videos from your Android device to your iOS device.
- Link your Android device to your computer system and find the pictures and videos you wish to move. Drag the files to a folder on your computer designated for this function.
- Connect your iOS device to your computer system and open iTunes (it usually opens immediately). Then, select Photos from the Settings menu for your device.
- Check the “Sync Photos” box. Then select the dropdown menu under “Copy pictures from” and select the folder where you conserved your Android photos. If you are moving videos, be sure to choose “Consist of Videos.
- Click Apply to sync your device.
Transferring music works similarly to moving photos and video. You can export your music files from Android and after that import them to your iOS device by means of iTunes. Make certain you have the most recent version of iTunes downloaded onto your computer system.
- Connect your Android device to your computer and find your music. Drag the files to a folder on your computer designated for this purpose.
- Open iTunes and pick the Music area. Then, open the folder where you saved your music submitted from your Android Device.
- Drag the files to the Music view in iTunes.
- Connect your iOS device to your computer and select it in iTunes. Then, click on the Music tab.
- Check the Sync Music box. Then, decide to sync your entire library, or choose certain tunes to add. If you turn on iCloud Music Library, the brand-new tunes will be readily available to stream or download right on your device.
Transferring Books and PDFs
If you have any ePub books or PDFs stored on your Android device, you can likewise move them to your iOS device just like moving images and music.
- Link your Android device to your computer system and discover your ePub and PDF files. Drag the files to a folder on your computer system designated for this function.
- Open iTunes and choose the iBooks area. Then, open the folder where you saved your music submitted from your Android Device.
- Drag the files to the Book view in iTunes.
- Link your iOS device to your computer system and pick it in iTunes. Then, click the Books tab.
- Check the Sync Books box. Then opt to sync all of your books, or pick the ones you want to add to your iOS device.
Moving Microsoft Documents (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
You can move documents from Word, Excel, and PowerPoint from your Android device to your iOS device through iCloud.com. Initially, you will have to set up Pages, Keynote, and Numbers for iOS on your new device. Then sign in to iCloud on your device.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone. Then, choose iCloud and tap “Account. Then, indicator in utilizing your Apple ID.
- Get back to the primary page of the Settings app and select the app you wish to submit files to (Pages, Numbers, or Keynote). Then toggle the “Usage iCloud” switch to the on position.
- Connect your Android device to your computer and find your Microsoft files (Word, Excel, or PowerPoint). Drag the files you want to move to a folder on your computer system designated for this purpose.
- On your computer system, go to iCloud.com and sign in with your Apple ID.
- Click the app you want to publish the files to (Pages, Numbers, or Keynote). Then, drag the Microsoft files from your computer system to the Apple equivalent app.
- In iCloud, documents sync immediately and will be available on your iOS device instantly.
Regrettably, the most significant loss you will most likely experience when switching from Android to iOS is that you can not transfer those acquired apps from one platform to another.
In iOS 9, Apple will when it come to totally free apps automatically suggest downloading corresponding iOS versions of the Android apps discovered on your phone. Paid apps will immediately be contributed to your App Store desire list where you can search and purchase them as you like.
However for now, the only way to get apps from the App Store that you downloaded from Google Play is to look for them and add them by hand. If it is cost expensive to purchase all your apps at one time, include them to your desire list and purchase them later.
Despite the fact that it takes a little time, you can change from Android to iOS fairly simple, as long as you agree to go through the steps. With the upcoming Transfer to iOS app, it will get even much easier, and we’ll have more on that when it ends up being offered.