watchOS is the operating system that runs on the Apple Watch, powering its fitness monitoring abilities, apps, communication attributes, time-keeping abilities, and also more. Apple intends to press regular updates to take care of watchOS bugs, improve performance, as well as present new attributes, as well as the release of watchOS 2 together with iOS 9 later today is a major uprade for the system. (Update: Apple has actually delayed everyone release of watchOS 2.)
watchOS updates are set up in an unique method that differs from exactly how we mount iPhone as well as Mac updates, so we’ve crafted a quick tutorial to remind users exactly how to get the latest variation of watchOS on their Apple Watches so they’re ready for watchOS 2.
Prior to You Beginning
Prior to you attempt to download and install and install the new version of watchOS, ensure of the following:
- Your iPhone has been upgraded to iOS 9.
- Your iPhone and also Apple Watch are within variety of each other.
- Your Apple Watch contends least a HALF cost.
- Your Apple Watch is attached to its wall charger.
The last two needs are essential. You will certainly have the ability to download the new version of watchOS without a HALF cost or Apple Watch sitting on its charger, yet you will not be able to mount it. Throughout the replacement step, you will certainly rather see a message that the replacement is stopped briefly and will not proceed till Apple Watch is linked to the charger with at the very least a HALF charge.
Downloading and also Mounting the Update
- Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone and also choose the My Watch tab if necessary.
- Tap General, now tap Software Update.
- Tap Download and Mount to start the process.
- Enter your four-digit passcode on Apple Watch when motivated.
- The Apple logo design and development bar will appear when the software is installing. When completed, Apple Watch will certainly restart.
If Something Goes Wrong
If, for some reason, the download freezes up or you can’t get the software program to install on Apple Watch, you can attempt reactivating the device.
- Hold down the Side switch until the Power Off slider appears.
- Glide bench to shut off Apple Watch.
- Hold down the Side switch till the Apple logo shows up.
- Await Apple Watch to reactivate.
- Enter your passcode when motivated.
If powering down Apple Watch does not function, you could likewise try a tough reset. This requires the device to shut off. It typically takes a bit longer to reboot Apple Watch when you do a tough reset.
- Hold both the Side button and Digital Crown down at the very same time.
- The screen will go blank, then the Apple logo will appear.
- Wait for Apple Watch to reactivate.
- Enter your passcode when triggered.
Apple is swiftly repeating on watchOS, so do not be amazed if we continuously see frequent updates. watchOS shows up merely 5 months after the Apple Watch’s debut and brings a host of new functions consisting of native third-party apps, so most Apple Watch owners will certainly really want to upgrade as soon as possible and also begin exploring what’s new.