Serial leaker John Prosser has shared a slew of rendered images that purport to show what an upcoming sixth-generation iPad mini could look like based on recent speculation and conjecture.
According to Prosser, the sixth-generation iPad mini will be almost identical to the current iPad mini in terms of physical size and chassis dimensions.
So, there are not going to be any major surprises there in terms of the physical footprint of the tablet or the form factor. With that said, the overall aesthetic is a lot different with Apple focusing on a more modern design that falls in line with other iPad models.
The bezels surrounding the display have been reduced, which means that there is room for a slightly larger panel on the front of the tablet. The Lightning port will also likely be replaced in favor of a USB-C offering.
Perhaps most notably, the physical Home button will likely be removed in favor of a Touch ID power button on the side of the new iPad mini. Thanks to the redesigned front of the device and the smaller bezels, the embedded display could be approximately 8.4-inches to 8.9-inches in size.
If the renders are ultimately reflective of the finished product, then punters can expect to see a sixth-generation iPad mini that essentially looks like a miniature iPad Air with flat sides and an overall metallic finish. Speculation suggests that the sixth-generation iPad mini will also feature the same A14 chip that powers the iPad Air and will be offered as a cellular 5G option.
The new iPad mini could potentially be offered with silver, black, and gold finish options and there is even a possibility that Apple could introduce a smaller, more refined Apple Pencil that has been designed and released specifically for the new iPad mini.
If all of that sounds exciting and something that would scratch your iPad itch, then we should be seeing this new model before the end of the current calendar year.
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 15 Beta Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Download iOS 15 Beta 1 IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 12, Pro, 11, XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- iOS 15 Beta 1 Profile File Download Without Developer Account, Here’s How
- How To Downgrade iOS 15 Beta To iOS 14.6 / 14.7 [Tutorial]
- Download: iOS 14.6 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.6 Released
- Jailbreak iOS 14.6 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Tutorial]
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.6 And iPadOS 14.6 [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak