No matter how much research study and screening goes into making sure the Apple Watch runs efficiently without any issues, there’s constantly a chance that you will need to perform a few IT-style actions in order to fix a small concern with your device.
The very best way to repair a problem on Apple Watch is to backup the information and restore it. We’ve got a guide for supporting your Apple Watch to your iPhone and then bring back information from a backup.
Backups consist of most information collection, like system settings, language, Mail, Calendar, Stocks, app-specific information, and health and wellness data (if you are making use of iCloud or an encrypted iTunes backup).
Backups do not include calibration information, synced playlists, credit and debit cards utilized for Apple Pay, and your Apple Watch passcode
Backup iPhone First
Prior to beginning the procedure on your Apple Watch, it is a great concept to sync the information on your iPhone to iCloud or iTunes. When you do, any formerly backed up Apple Watch data is consisted of.
Unpair Apple Watch
The only way to force a backup on Apple Watch is to unpair it from your iPhone. Regrettably, this is a time consuming process.
- Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone and navigate to the My Watch section.
- Select Apple Watch from the list.
- Tap “Unpair Apple Watch.” Tap again to verify.
- Wait till Apple Watch is unpaired and the display screen asks you to confirm your language.
Re-pair Apple Watch
You will then be directed to pair Apple Watch with your iPhone. This process likewise takes a while.
- Return to the Apple Watch app and choose Apple Watch from the list and tap “Pair Apple Watch.”
- Select “Recover From Backup” and choose a backup you wish to bring back from.
- Concur to the terms.
- Enter your Apple ID password when triggered.
- If two-step verification is allowed, finish the process when triggered.
- Produce a four-digit passcode on Apple Watch when triggered.
- Select whether to unlock Apple Watch with your iPhone.
- Wait for the data to sync. When completed, you will certainly get a notification on Apple Watch.
Reenter Unsaved Data
Because the backup does not include your workout calibrations, playlists, and credit or debit cards in Apple Pay, this need to all be added by hand. Have a look at our guides for calibrating Apple Watch, listening to music, and setting up Apple Pay on Apple Watch.
Here is a tip: If you ever have to talk to Apple support for an issue with Apple Watch, do yourself a favor and follow the steps above to backup and recover Apple Watch prior to you contact them. One of the primary steps they constantly have you follow is unpairing and re-pairing Apple Watch. This will certainly save you 15 minutes of awkward silence.