No matter just how much research study and screening goes into guaranteeing the Apple Watch runs smoothly with no issues, there’s constantly a chance that you will have to carry out a few IT-style actions in order to take care of a minor issue with your device.
The finest method to repair a problem on Apple Watch is to backup the data and restore it. We have actually got a guide for supporting your Apple Watch to your iPhone and then recovering information from a backup.
Backups consist of most information collection, like system settings, language, Mail, Calendar, Stocks, app-specific data, and fitness and health information (if you are utilizing iCloud or an encrypted iTunes backup).
Backups do not include calibration data, synced playlists, credit and debit cards used for Apple Pay, and your Apple Watch passcode
Backup iPhone First
Before beginning the process on your Apple Watch, it is a great idea to sync the data on your iPhone to iCloud or iTunes. When you do, any previously backed up Apple Watch information is included.
Unpair Apple Watch
The only method to require a backup on Apple Watch is to unpair it from your iPhone. Regrettably, this is a time consuming process.
- Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone and browse to the My Watch area.
- Select Apple Watch from the list.
- Tap “Unpair Apple Watch.” Tap again to validate.
- Wait up until Apple Watch is unpaired and the display screen asks you to verify your language.
Re-pair Apple Watch
You will then be directed to combine Apple Watch with your iPhone. This procedure likewise takes a while.
- Return to the Apple Watch app and select Apple Watch from the list and tap “Pair Apple Watch.”
- Select “Recover From Backup” and pick a backup you wish to restore from.
- Consent to the terms and conditions.
- Enter your Apple ID password when triggered.
- If two-step verification is allowed, finish the procedure when prompted.
- Create a four-digit passcode on Apple Watch when triggered.
- Select whether to open Apple Watch with your iPhone.
- Wait for the data to sync. When finished, you will certainly get a notification on Apple Watch.
Reenter Unsaved Data
Since the backup does not include your workout calibrations, playlists, and credit or debit cards in Apple Pay, this need to all be included manually. Take a look at our guides for adjusting Apple Watch, paying attention to music, and establishing Apple Pay on Apple Watch.
Right here is an idea: If you ever have to speak with Apple support for a problem with Apple Watch, do yourself a favor and follow the steps above to backup and restore Apple Watch prior to you call them. One of the initial steps they constantly have you follow is unpairing and re-pairing Apple Watch. This will certainly conserve you 15 minutes of uncomfortable silence.