With the impending ban on US companies doing business with the likes of WeChat, multiple American companies have expressed concerns about what it will mean for their business in China.
WeChat is a big deal there, not only offering chat services but also being how much of the country handles payments and other daily tasks. Apple, Disney, and others have concerns, but President Trump doesn’t care.
When asked about the situation by Bloomberg’s Justin Sink, the response was a flippant “whatever” which is something you’d expect from a troublesome teenager. Not the “leader of the free world”.
Sink: There’s a lot of alarm among American companies about your order on WeChat. Apple, Ford, Disney, they’re worried because it’s such a big communications platform and payment platform in China, that if you ban US businesses from working with them, that they won’t be able to sell iPhones in China or similar markets.
Sink: So you don’t mind?
Trump: Gotta do what’s good in terms of the security of our country. We’ve been very badly let down by China.
There had been hope that by reaching out to the White House would prevent US-based companies from suffering at the hands of this WeChat situation. However, it’s clear Trump isn’t concerned.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 14 Beta 1 IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- iOS 14 Beta 5 Download Release Date: Here’s When To Expect From Apple
- Download: iOS 14 Beta 4 IPSW Links, iPadOS 14 Beta 4 Released
- iOS 14 Beta 4 OTA Profile File Download Released Without Dev Account, Here’s How To Get It
- Jailbreak iOS 13.6.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Video Guide]
- Downgrade iOS 13.6.1 To iOS 13.6, Here’s How [Guide]
- Download: iOS 13.6.1 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released Along With iPadOS 13.6.1
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak