Despite some headlines claiming that Apple is doomed for one reason or another, it seems that the iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro might be so popular that the company needs more of the parts needed to build them.
According to a new Bloomberg report, Apple is placing increased orders with TSMC in order to have more Apple A13 processors ready for use in iPhones.
The Apple A13 processor is currently used in the iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max with Apple reportedly needing TSMC to ramp up production in order to help it deal with demand. The iPhone 11 in particular, with its starting price of $699, is thought to have been a key driving force for A13 chip demand.
While Apple currently uses the A13 in the iPhone 11 lineup, it’s also rumored to be the chip that the company will use in the so-called iPhone 9.
The low-cost iPhone will be a cross between the iPhone SE and iPhone 8, according to reports, with the A13 processor beating at its heart. If that’s the case not only will the phone be a quick one, but it will also add further strain to TSMC as it works to keep up with demand.
If, as rumored, the iPhone 9 will be announced in the first quarter of 2020 we could expect Apple to really need those A13 chip shipments to ramp up. And soon.
You may also like to check out:
- Checkra1n For Windows Alternative: How To Use Ra1nUSB For iOS 13.3 Jailbreak
- Download: iOS 13.3 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update And iPadOS 13.3 For Compatible Devices
- Download: iOS 13.3.1 Beta 2 OTA Profile, IPSW Links Released, Here Are The Details
- Downgrade iOS 13.3 To iOS 13.2.3 For Checkra1n Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3 / 13.3.1 On iPhone 11, 11 Pro Max, XS, More With New tfp0 Exploit Will Be Possible Soon
- iOS 13 / 13.2.2 Jailbreak Tweaks Compatibility List For Checkra1n
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak