watchOS 5 beta 10 for Apple Watch is out today. As always, we’ll dig through the latest beta version and highlight all the changes between the previous beta and the latest beta below.
9to5Mac Happy Hour
watchOS 5 for Apple Watch includes Competitions for Activity Sharing; yoga and hiking as workout types; workout start and stop reminders; pace alerts, rolling miles, and cadence for outdoor running workouts; Apple Podcast syncing and streaming; a new Walkie-Talkie app for watch-to-watch communication; new data sources on the Siri watch face; grouped notifications; and much more.
In betas 2 and 3, we also saw watch face tweaks, Walkie-Talkie activated, and eventually Raise To Speak Siri turned on:
- 2: Walkie-Talkie app now shows friend suggestions
- 2: New Now Playing indicator on watch face
- 2: Siri voice volume now independent of system alert volume
- 3: New Breathe app icon (matches in-app design)
- 4: Walkie-Talkie availability no longer forces persistent icon on watch face, fades in and out instead
- 6: Siri alert for Raise To Speak feature
For a comprehensive look at all of the changes in the first watchOS 5 beta, sit back and watch Jeff Benjamin’s 13 minute long look at 50 new features in watchOS 5 on YouTube.com/9to5Mac:
Refresh for updates! watchOS 5 is expect to be released in September, but there could be last minute changes. Also share tips at tips@9to5mac or firstname.lastname@example.org and on Twitter @9to5mac and @apollozac.