Great news for fans of the Waze navigation app – you’re going to be getting a hot new feature that will make it easier to use in CarPlay mode. So long as you have CarPlay that is. And that’s something that not everyone can boast right now.
While Waze has long supported CarPlay, it suffered from something that impacted a lot of navigation apps – it took over the screen and meant that anyone wanting to see more information had to switch to another app.
But with the arrival of iOS 13.4 Apple enabled split view and now Waze is testing that feature with beta testers.
The split view feature allows users to enjoy their navigation app alongside other apps such as Music and whatnot. That’ll make it easier to keep track of things without having to take their hands off the wheel and start swapping apps.
The beta test was shared with The Verge via an anonymous tipster, with Waze itself saying that it doesn’t have any news to share.
A spokesperson for Waze wouldn’t confirm the beta testing, so we’re not sure when the navigation company plans to officially announce the rollout. “We actually don’t have anything to share right now. Will be sure to keep you posted if/when we do,” the spokesperson said in an email.
That means it might be a little while before we get in on the action, but the fact this is currently with beta testers is a good start at least.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 14.2 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.2
- Download iOS 14.2.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File For iPhone 12, mini, Pro, Pro Max
- Download: iOS 14.3 Beta 2 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- iPhone 12 / Pro Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 12, 12 Pro Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- Best iPhone 12 Mini Screen Protector: Here’s A List Worth Checking
- Best iPhone 12 Pro Max Screen Protector: Here Is A List Worth Checking
- Jailbreak iOS 14.2 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Guide]
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.2 The Right Way [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak