Waze now supports CarPlay Dashboard for all users after successfully working its way through a beta program that saw some people confirm its existence. The new feature is part of a larger iOS app update that can be downloaded from the App Store now.
Alongside the addition of Dashboard support, the newly updated Waze now also includes lane guidance in-app for the first time.
Not that you’d know it – the update’s App Store release notes don’t mention any of this.
Saving time & avoiding traffic is even easier with this update:
Fixed a bug so traffic alerts are easy to read in both landscape or portrait mode
The addition of Dashboard mode means that users can continue to see their turn-by-turn navigation and map while on the CarPlay dashboard. That means users won’t need to keep switching apps when they want to change music or open other apps. You’ll need iOS 13.4 installed to take advantage of the new feature, however.
Waze is a popular app that gives users turn-by-turn navigation as well as real-time traffic alerts en-route. The Google-owned app can also alert users to their speed based on their GPS location, too.
@9to5mac @MacRumors @waze Waze dashboard is here!!!!! pic.twitter.com/gvuaaTSJRG
— Camilo Díaz (@camadiazrob) December 6, 2020
The newly updated Waze can be downloaded right now from the App Store. It’s a free app update, too.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 14.2 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.2
- Download iOS 14.2.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File For iPhone 12, mini, Pro, Pro Max
- Apple Releases iOS 14.3 Beta 3 And iPadOS 14.3 Beta 3 To Developers
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- iPhone 12 / Pro Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 12, 12 Pro Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- Best iPhone 12 Mini Screen Protector: Here’s A List Worth Checking
- Best iPhone 12 Pro Max Screen Protector: Here Is A List Worth Checking
- Jailbreak iOS 14.2 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Guide]
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.2 The Right Way [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak