After much speculation, conjecture, and probably a lot of internal tinkering at WhatsApp/Facebook, the world’s most popular direct messaging app now has Dark Mode support for iOS 13-based devices. Apple has allowed the latest update to pass through the App Store review, meaning version 2.20.30 is available to download, right now.
You only need to walk out of our front door, or read the daily tabloids or news apps, to know that we live in a somewhat dark and gloomy world.
Even though that is the case, it hasn’t dampened the desire from mobile device owners to have all of their favorite apps adopt a darkened UI, and for iOS users, this desire has only grown stronger with Apple’s official Dark Mode that lives under the Display & Brightness settings on iOS 13.
Whether it be down to user pressure, or the fact that it was simply on the product roadmap anyway, Facebook-owned WhatsApp has now delivered on its promise to deliver a stunning Dark Mode, something that was first teased back in early February in beta versions of the messaging platform on Android. With over 1.5 billion active monthly users, WhatsApp has a lot of eager messaging fans to keep happy with this update.
If Dark Mode within WhatsApp for your iPhone is everything you had been hoping for and just that little bit more, then, as we mentioned, it is here right now and thankfully it is super-easy to invoke.
All that needs to be done is to have the native iOS 13 Dark Mode enabled on the iPhone. Instructions to do so can be found here. It couldn’t really be any simpler than that.
How are you feeling about Dark Mode for WhatsApp? Early feedback from some Android users suggested that WhatsApp’s interpretation of “dark” wasn’t quite dark enough to keep everyone happy. Do you think it has hit the sweet spot on iOS, and, perhaps more importantly, does it now offer consistency with all of your other apps that support the darker side of life on the iOS platform?
You may also like to check out:
- Run Multiple 2 WhatsApp Accounts Number On 1 iPhone The Right Way, Here’s How
- Download: iOS 13.4 Beta 4 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released Along With iPadOS 13.4
- Jailbreak iPhone 11 Pro Max With Unc0ver 4.0.0 On iOS 13.3 Now
- Checkra1n For Windows Alternative: How To Use Ra1nUSB For iOS 13.3 Jailbreak
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Download: iOS 13.3.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update And iPadOS 13.3.1 Released For Compatible Devices
- Downgrade iOS 13.3.1 To iOS 13.3 For Checkra1n Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak