WhatsApp has pushed out a new update to its mobile apps which brings a feature to group chats that at first blush may not be a huge improvement but in the right setting it could be a big, big change.
As of the new update which rolled out this past weekend, group chat owners can specify users who are able to post messages, making everyone else a recipient only.
This new change means that it will be easier to ensure that important messages are not lost in a tidal wave of other messages as can often be the case in busy group chats. WhatsApp quite rightly points out that this new change is aimed at group chats which often receive important announcements.
We can imagine this being vital when used by schools or community initiatives which need a way to have everyone in one place and then be able to send them targeted messages. This way, the recipients are unable to reply, preventing messages from being lost in the fray.
WhatsApp said back in May that it was working to improve group messaging, including improved admin controls.
Groups have been an important part of the WhatsApp experience, whether it’s family members connecting across the globe or childhood friends staying in touch over the years. There are also people coming together in groups on WhatsApp like new parents looking for support, students organizing study sessions, and even city leaders coordinating relief efforts after natural disasters.
In order to enable the new setting in WhatsApp, users need to tap Group Settings > Send Messages and select Only Admins.
You may also like to check out:
- Jailbreak iOS 11.3.1 Untethered With Electra Possibility
- Jailbreak iOS 11.4 Status Update: What You Need To Know
- Download: iOS 12 Beta 2 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released
- 100+ iOS 12 Hidden Features For iPhone And iPad [Running List]
- Download iOS 12 Beta 2 Configuration Profile File Without Developer Account
- Download iOS 12 Beta 2 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- How To Downgrade iOS 12 Beta To iOS 11.4 [Tutorial]