Microsoft is getting ready to provide its next Windows 10 update to testers as soon as next week, according to a new report. Once testing is complete the Windows 10 May 2019 update would likely arrive in late May, as the name would perhaps suggest.
The next major update to Windows 10, which currently carries the codename 19H1, isn’t actually all that of a huge update when it comes to features.
However, there’s a big visual refresh in the form of a new light theme. Microsoft is also splitting Cortana and Windows search out from each other, which is one of the biggest change to that aspect since Cortana’s arrival.
There’s also a sizable operational change in the cards, with Microsoft set to alter how its updates are delivered. Currently, the company is keen to push its bigger updates to users to ensure that they are using the latest and greatest version of Windows 10. But this is going to change as of the May 2019 update. Once the update is installed, users will be able to choose when they want to install a major revision.
That means that users who want to maintain their monthly security update cadence but don’t want to rush into a big new build of Windows 10 can do exactly that.
Users have often been keen to avoid updating for any number of reasons, including the lack of quality control that has seen some updates cause chaos with systems. This update is all about addressing those software quality issues, too.
If you’re part of the Windows 10 testing family, you can expect the Windows 10 May 2019 Update to arrive at some point next week.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 12.2 Final IPSW Links And OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- Download: iOS 12.3 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released
- iOS 12 / 12.1.2 iPhone XS Max Jailbreak Update Provided By Unc0ver Lead Developer
- iOS 12.2 Jailbreak Status: Here’s What You Need To Know
- Jailbreak iOS 12 / 12.1.2 / 12.1.2 Beta 3 With Unc0ver And Install Cydia, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- How To Downgrade iOS 12.2 To iOS 12.1.4 On iPhone Or iPad