Playing game streaming services on iOS is a bit of a problem right now thanks to Apple and its App Store rules. But if you want to take Google Stadia for a spin right now, you can.
You’ll just need to jump through some hoops to make it happen, and use a custom browser.
As is often the case, this is all going down on Reddit. User zmknox created a custom browser that has been allowed onto the App Store but can also run Google Stadia. You’ll need to download the Stadium browser from the App Store to make t happen.
The browser itself runs in fullscreen mode so your gaming will be uninterrupted by back buttons and address bars. You can set a custom agent to make Stadia work, and you can even use a game controller if that’s something you’re looking for.
Once you download Stadium, here’s what you need to do to get your gaming on.
- Set primary URL to https://stadia.google.com/home
- Set user agent to Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_5) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/85.0.4183.83 Safari/537.36
- In the … menu, select Authenticate, and visit https://accounts.google.com/
- After you’ve signed in to your Google account, tap done. You may also need to select “Go Home” from the … menu.
- That’s it! Now every time you launch Stadium, it brings you right to the Stadia landing page.
We’re told this works surprisingly well, even using a game controller like the Sony DualShock 4. If you can’t wait for Stadia to be officially available on the App Store now that Apple has updated its guidelines for game streaming services, give this workaround a try, and let us know how you fare in the comments below!
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 14.2 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File And iPadOS 14.2 Beta 1 Released
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- iOS / iPadOS 14 Final Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Jailbreak iOS 14.0.1 Using Checkra1n 0.11.0, Here’s How-To [Guide]
- Download iOS 14.0.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.0.1
- Fix iOS 14 Update Requested Stuck Issue On iPhone And iPad, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 14 Estimating Time Remaining Stuck Issue, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 14 OTA Stuck On Preparing Update Issue, Here’s How
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.0.1 [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak