With Apple’s iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro now in the market and iPhone 12 mini and iPhone 12 Pro Max arriving this week, Google and YouTube have today rolled out an update to the video streaming app that adds support for HDR.
While YouTube has supported HDR on iPhones since the iPhone X back in 2017, the iOS app needs to be updated to support new hardware whenever it arrives.
That’s something that happened today, giving new iPhone owners the very best video streaming experience they can get.
Of course, HDR videos aren’t plentiful on YouTube because the workflow to get them there is less than ideal. But with Apple’s new iPhones also recording video in HDR, that’s something we’re expecting to change soon enough. For now though, you can find plenty of demo reels that show off HDR and 4K footage at its very best.
Apple will complete its iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro lineup when the iPhone 12 mini and iPhone 12 Pro Max ship this coming Friday. Anyone wanting to order one now might have to wait a little while to take delivery, however, depending on which color and storage combination they happen to be interested in.
Have you found some particularly great HDR videos on YouTube? Link us up in the comments so that everyone else can enjoy them, too!
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 14.2 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.2
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- iPhone 12 / Pro Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 12, 12 Pro Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- Best iPhone 12 Mini Screen Protector: Here’s A List Worth Checking
- Best iPhone 12 Pro Max Screen Protector: Here Is A List Worth Checking
- Jailbreak iOS 14.2 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Guide]
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.2 The Right Way [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak